Ford Fiesta - radio/clock/fog light not working

Hi.

I tried to install a FORD CD player taking out the older cassette model which was it's standard fit. However when I unplugged the cassette radio the wires with black covers on came out of their covers, the copper wire touched metal and a small spark occured.

Since then my clock, fog light switch, and radio itself have no power. I checked the fusebox under the steering wheel, and replaced just one fuse which was broken. My clock is now back on, however strangely I cannot change the clock settings. The H and M buttons don't work, the clock itself stays unlit at night, and the radio itself and fog light switch have no power.

If you can picture, these three items are very close to each other and that small area is powerless. Anyone know any possible reason for this? I really have not got a clue.

Many thanks.

Reply to
R S via CarKB.com

I think all these are on the same fuse in the fusebox, have you lost the interior light as well? I know you said you changed a fuse but look at the diagrams on the back of the fusebox lid and check again, preferably with a test meter if you have one.

As for the hour/min buttons, probably got dust in 'em from lack of use. keep prodding a bit harder, not too hard, and with luck you'll dislodge the crap.

pottsy

Thanks for that, I visited a couple of mechanics and electricians today and problem solved!

Firstly the fog light just worked itself in the end, and the clock well that was down to a faulty fuse. Even though it didn't blow, the electricians power meter wasn't picking anything up so he replaced it. Clock switches now work.

And lastly the radio, well the owner before me had their own wiring for it done. They chopped off one of the power connectors, and used their own wiring for the live/earth etc. Electrician just wired it up properley and all is working fine.

Reply to
R S via CarKB.com