Need a good Independent sop near Gaithersburg, MD

The ABS controller on my 1999 V70/XC is going nuts, so I need to send it out to be fixed, but the dealship wants an arm & a leg to remove it and replace it.

Any one got a good INDEPENDENT Volvo shop nearby that can remove it and maybe even arrange to have it rebuilt rather than putting in a new one that will fail the same way?

Reply to
Bob Sisson

You can remove it yourself, and get it rebuilt for about $150 through Vic Rocha. I have used his service, and I think that others on this group have as well. Here is his webpage:

Good luck.

Beverly

P.S. FWIW, I priced this out at several dealers and two independent repair shops in the Chicago area, and the best price I received was $450 - which was at a dealer. I also looked into getting an ABS module from a reliable junkyard and using that instead, but it was not as cheap as Vic Rocha's service. For example, Erie Vovo wanted $650 for just the part.

Reply to
Bev A. Kupf

Rocha does good work for a reasonable price!

Reply to
Steve