new set of summer tires for my s40

I own a 2.0T S40 (163ps) which I bought from its previous owner fitted with 205/55R15 tires. I am planning to replace my tires this summer so I am trying to find a good replacement. In my country major (global) tire brands are:

michelin bridgestone goodyear pirelli continental

I'd like to pick one of them. I've read many tests and reviews including german auto magazines etc. Pirelli P7 (and also P6), bridgestone turanza ER300 are my favourites and also have good test results. But none of them produced in 205/55R15 size. They have 195/60R15 sizes all.

Michelin Pilot Exalto 2 is being produced in 205/55R15 but it didn't get high marks in tests.

Now, should I go and buy straightly a michelin PE2 with no good test results for only having 205/55R15 size, or change my tires to 195/60R15 size and buy one of my favourites (P7 or ER300)? Does 195mm tread width differ much from 205mm in terms of handling and breaking or accelerating? I'd like to hear your comments.

Reply to
Hakan Gemici