OD blowing fuses

'83 245 Auto. Recently started popping the fuse for the overdrive switch. First time was during the big rain last week so I blamed it on the wetness.

Probably the trashed wiring to the tailgate (same fuse) but before I go digging there, wondering if there are other places to check.

The relay went away a couple years ago but touching up the solder joints fixed that.

Relay (and OD) works fine when I replace the fuse, and for a half hour or so on the road, until the fuse blows again... Any thoughts?

Reply to
clay