Short in Reversing light circuit

As soon as I put the Disco into reverse it blows the fuse for the reversing lights (and indicators etc). I have isolated the rear light clusters and the short is not there.

It is chucking it down with rain at the moment so I haven't crawled underneath yet, but I was wondering if it was common for the reverse switch itself to go short to earth, or are there any common places where the wiring suffers?

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

In message , Jeff writes

Has it recently had the gearbox out?

The loom to the switch could be trapped. Look around the difflock lever that runs down the side of the main gearbox.

Reply to
Marc Draper

No the gearbox hasn't been out recently, but sod's law has prevailed, start looking for the fault and the short disappeared.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Jeff Seem to remember the same problem with my old 200 Tdi. Might be getting mixed up with cars though! Have a look at the wiring IRO the gearbox. Mine was chaffed.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Derrick

Had a look but can't see anything at the moment.

(;-((

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff