Options for bike carrying on an XC90

Hi.

I have an 03 XC90, and am looking to carry some bikes with it. Two adult bikes, three kids bikes (but they'll be getting bigger of course...). This is currently a stock XC90 SE, so it has roof rails but nothing else. No tow bar, no roof bars.

So.

Options that I can see are - fit a tow bar and then get a tow mount, or fit roof bars and then get roof bike carriers. Any opinions here on which might be the better route to go? UK-based if it makes any differences to the makes/prices etc.., but general experiences welcome.

Cheers, Ian

Reply to
Ian McCall