Bike rack for 2006 Murano

Hey all, I have a 2006 Nissan Murano SL and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good bike rack. I'd like something to carry 2-3 mountain bikes if possible on the back (not the roof). Thanks in advance, Lisa Ashley Rafter

Reply to
Lisa Ashley Rafter

Anybody else find this just a touch ironic? ;-)

Reply to
neil0502

We have the Yakima King Pin 4. This is a hitch mount that swings down and allegedly carries 4 bikes. Three is more practical. You can get

4, but you really need to pad a lot of rub points. They also make a 2 and 5 bike model.

We have a hatchback, so the downswing works best for us. Yakima also has a model that swings out (away) for those with rear doors that swing out.

The rack holds the bikes well, with no adjustments or after market noodling to keep bikes, or bike holders from moving. The rack and bikes are secure, w little wobbling, even with three bikes on them. There are two independent pins that allow you to easily fold down the cross bar and the main post independently. The rack comes with a lock and key for the bolt that holds the rack in the trailer hitch. We secure the bikes to the rack with cables and independent locks.

The rack is easy to get on and off the hitch. If you do not have a hitch, you'll need to get one welded on, but that's a simple, relatively inexpensive operation.

We love ours. Simple, practical, functional design.

Reply to
troutboy

email Bobby at Rocky Mounts....

Qui si parla Campagnolo

I've got this unit with the basic 2-bike version. Made very well, and nothing touches on your bike except the tires.

3 CDB

Reply to
Paladin

Second that one or the Thule version, but you'll need a hitch mount.

Reply to
Ride-A-Lot

Can you fit the bikes inside?

Reply to
sally

Buy a pickup truck.

JD

Reply to
JD

There's probably a reciever hitch for that vehicle, it would be the best way to go.

Reply to
di

Wait a minute! Nobody told me that. I welded that sucker to my roof! Works great, except when I forget the bikes are still up there and I pull into the garage... oopsy.

CDB

Reply to
Paladin
Reply to
Lisa Ashley Rafter

That and you'd probably hit most of the overpasses as well ;). Reminds me of skiing at Loveland just above the Eisenhower Tunnel (actually on top of it) going into the divide. Every few minutes you hear this loud siren go off like the Ruskies are ready to drop the bomb. It's some semi that can't clear the tunnel and has to go the long way over the pass. That's gotta suck when it's snowing.

Oh well. Back to your regularly scheduled on-topic discussion.

Reply to
Ride-A-Lot

[psssst.... come'ere.....*ride in the snow*....you'll love it]

CDB always glad to help.

Reply to
Paladin

You cross-posted properly, as your message applies directly to the interests of each group. To have multi-posted would mean that them readers in each group would not see the replies from the other groups.

There is etiquette. There is no such thing as `bad etiquette.' One adheres or not.

Reply to
Michael Press

Most better newsreaders assign unique ID's to articles so that when cross posted, in contrast to separate postings, to more than one group, when read in any newsgroup, the item is flagged as read and does not appear again in subsequent newsgroups to which the reader subscribes. Therefore, it should make little if any difference whether an article is cross posted, because it resides only once in the database with more than one newsgroup tag.

Jobst Brandt

Reply to
jobst.brandt