OT: Volvo to not manufacture gasoline/diesel cars by 2019

They made this announcement this week. I own and like a Volvo. I believe it saved her from injuries in a recent accident she was in.
I will not buy an electric powered vehicle. I have several reasons. There are no recharging stations near me. I would have to find recharging stations near my travels as they sometimes exceed the capacities of existing vehicles. Will the gov't provide more subsidies? I really don't like that idea. I will not install an expensive charging station; it's not like using an extension cord to power a block heater.
I guess I am a dinosaur because I do not understand the reasoning by Volvo and their insistence to force such a change. I don't know if I will be alive by then, let alone my circumstances.
--
Tekkie

This is all being blown WAY out of proportion. What Volvo said is they will not be designing any new vehicles that depend exclusively on internal combustion engines. They will continue to make the existing models for several years, including doing annual updates. All NEW models will be one of the following: Mild hybrid, full hybrid, plug-in hybrid, or battery electric.
On 07/07/2017 03:29 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
[snip]

Some of these vehicles will be hybrids. Electric vehicles with engines to keep the battery charged. I've heard these engines are more fuel efficient, since they can run at a constant speed (battery provides more power for acceleration).
[snip]