restoring faded Camry bumper?

Went and bought some "black magic", and this made it look new...for a few hours or a day. then was faded again. I it going to need flat-black paint of some kind?

Reply to
geronimo

I had the same troubles with my bumper, looked sort of gray colored and didn't improve much after using the traditional bumper rejuvenators (clear oily goop).

So I painted with Dupli-Color "Bumper Coat" (Wal-Mart) which turned out really good only one must be sure to degrease and de-wax the bumper and prep it (fill and sand if need be) to a good surface first. Dupli-Color spray bomb had a nice nozzle on it, not like traditional paint bombs (made novice painter feel like a pro, I did two coats of primer and two of paint).

After I got this all done I did find on the internet a source for a product which claimed to bring bumpers back to life when traditional bumper rejuvenators would not do the trick. They mumbled something about wax being the culprit that changed the bumper into that grey dull state that seemed impossible to rejuvenate. Unfortunately I can't remember where I saw this on the internet. (sorry)

The Bumper Coat worked really well for me, Dupli-Color also recommends their primer to put on first and I suggest that you do all the painting when the humidity is low. I then use the traditional Bumper Black stuff (clear oily goop) over top protect the paint and keep it looking good. Called Dupli-Color via their 800 number to find out what to put on top to protect paint but this number not work from Canada. Wrote them a few times but no reply, guess they can't speak Eskimo.

All turned out good enough that I then did my mud flaps, looking toward my sad looking roof racks next.

Reply to
KLB

Duplicolor.....OK, thanks! geronimo

Reply to