Reversing sensors

Hi, Can anyone please help with this one? I've got a reverse sensor kit to fit to my volvo 850 which wires into the reverse light circuit. I know the general idea that all lighting accessories should be wired in upstream of the bulb failure warning relay but I seem to remember that there is a unit I can get which enables me to connect at the back of one of the reverse bulbs to save running wires the whole length of the car. Any suggestions. Thanks, - Roy

Reply to
Roy Bolton

If the 850 is like the slightly later S/V70, then: a) the reverse lights are not monitored by the bulb failure unit, and b) the bulb failure unit is near the back of the car, anyway

You should simply be able to tap into the reverse light wiring using Scotchlok connectors similar to

Bonnet Lock