Reversing sensors

Any electrical experts out there?

I recently bought a 2 year old Rover 75 that came fitted with aftermarket reversing sensors. I can't tell the make of the sensors and I don't know which garage fitted them as I have no contact details for the previous direct owner as the car used to belong to a company. I have a niggly problem and am wondering if anyone can offer some suggestions.

When you engage reverse, you're supposed to get a single short bleep which changes to a continuous bleep when within 14"of an object. The trouble is, I often get a continuous bleep immediately on engaging reverse.

The odd thing when this happens is that if I come out of reverse gear and then immediately go back into reverse gear, it usually works normally - I get what you should get, namely a single bleep migrating to semi-continuous bleeps and then a continuous bleep?? I wonder why it should invariably work on a second go at reversing but not the first? Any ideas anyone?

Peter N Wales

Reply to
Peter Maddern

Hi Peter, mine is exactly the same. My attitude is, it's working, leave well alone.

Ian Lowrie

semi-continuous

Reply to
joe balls the rag man

Mine has factory fitted ones (as it's an SE) and does what you describe sometimes - often because it is on a sloped road or there is a high curb or branch of tree etc.

Steve

Reply to
Steve H