S40 cold start problem

I have a 2000 Volvo S40 (1.9) with 150,000 miles on it. For the last couple of months it has had a bit of a problem starting when cold (engine not temp). I have to crank the engine for about 5-7 seconds before it fires. Once it starts it runs fine. It the engine is warm it usually starts right up. My mechanic just did a tune up (plugs and wires etc) and checked all the obvious stuff (not sure exactly what that was, he just said "obvious stuff"). He could not find anything wrong and didn't want to start replacing expensive parts since it wasn't really causing any major problems. Any one have any "out of the ordinary" ideas on what it could be?

Reply to
Steve Bernth