S40 Diagnostic Trouble Code "P1650"

My S40 giving a permanent P1650 error code for a long time. I thought it was because of worn spark plugs (I found an description on internet telling to do so) so I replaced them but nothing changed. I am scanning error codes with obd softwares digimoto and proscan. Whenever I cleared the error code it appears again if engine is running.

Digimoto says: "P1650 PSP Switch out of self test range"

where Proscan says: "P1650 Powertrain: Control Module Output B Circuit" (what does this mean?)

I queried the error code on google and it returned some information like this:

"P1650 - Power Steering Pressure (PSP) Switch Malfunction In Key On, Engine Off Self-Test, this DTC indicates the PSP input to the PCM is high. In Key On, Engine Running Self-Test, this DTC indicates that the PSP input did not change state. Steering wheel must be turned during Key On, Engine Running Self-Test PSP switch/shorting bar damaged SIG RTN circuit open PSP circuit open or shorted to SIGRTN PCM damaged."

the description above quoted from a message board dedicated to owners of ford focus .

"P1650 Quad Driver Module ''A'' Fault" from a suzuki forum

"P1650 Driver 2 - Input High Voltage

P1650 Power Steering Pressure Switch Malfunction

P1650 Power Steering Pressure Switch Out Of Range" from a volvo850 forum.

What shall I do?

Reply to
Hakan Gemici

Hakan Gemici yazmýþ: