S60 Petrol Cap Failure

Hi,

The black plastic hinge on the petrol cap cover on my S60 has shattered, and the door will no longer stay in place.

Until I have time to get this checked out, are there any generic lockable petrol caps that I could use to replace the non-lockable one thats on there at the moment?

Thanks

Sean

Reply to
seani

Yes, there should be a locking cap for your car. Just visit a local auto parts store. In the U.S. the Stant Regular Locking Fuel Cap 10504 would fit your car.

Reply to
hjsjms

I ended up getting the black plastic hinge from FCP Groton and then later I received the spring.

Is your fuel door locking?

snipped-for-privacy@cs.com wrote:

Reply to
Jamie

Unfortunately not. Door has fallen off completely and whatever shattered when it failed was spread it irretrievably over the garage forecourt. The filler cap is intact, but I'd prefer it to lock.

Reply to
seani