S60 - UK tyre question

I'm thinking of replacing the 225/45 tyres on my S60 2.0T with 225/50s, mostly to improve the ride, which I find just a bit *too* hard, but also to improve the speedo accuracy. Has anyone done this, and are there MOT implications?

Tim

Reply to
Tim Riglar

Nope. Just check the tyres dont rub excessively on anything (like the strutt) when on full lock. I expect them to be fine though.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

As long as the load and speed rating is at least as good as the original tyres, there should be no problem.

They will, of course, do less revs per mile than the existing tyres so - for a given speedo reading - you will be going faster than before by 3 or 4 percent. Just make sure that this doesn't make your speedo read *slow*!

Reply to
Bonnet Lock

The speedo is about 10% out, so I should be okay. Looks like a major factor may be cost: 225/50 doesn't seem to be nearly as common as 45s, subsequently they're *much* more expensive, from what I've found so far. Ho hum, best laid plans...

Tim

Reply to
Tim Riglar