S70 battery connections

My car completely shut down on me as I was driving last night. Luckily, I was not on a busy road, and I was in the right lane.

After I opened the hood, I took a look under the plastic flap covering the (+) terminal, and I noticed a huge mess of corrosion everywhere. I also noticed that I now had a wire just dangling there, so I assumed that the car died from that.

With what few tools I had, I managed to hook up "some" of the wires back to the terminal, and the car started. There were 4 wires bunched together into what might have been a spade/lug that was once connected to the battery. Later that night, I was still able to start the car.

This afternoon, I bought new lugs, but I did a poor job with the crimping, and I think 2 of the wires were not too well connected as I drove around tonight. After dinner, the car didn't start, and I'm assuming that something out of all this has drained the battery.

So, can anyone tell me about these 4 wires that are connected to the battery? Are they from the same source, or are there 2/4 different sources of this set of wires?

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Michael Chiu

I think those 4 wires end up at the same place at the power terminal under the cap marked "Main Fuses".

Reply to
Mike F