S70 pads for dummies

I have a 98 S70 with 59K. I've had the front pads and rotors replaced and now the rear pads are done for but the rotors don't seem too bad....not nearly as worn as the fronts were.

So, I'd like to just get some original volvo pads at the dealer and see if I can put them on myself. (never done it...on any vehicle).

Can anyone point me to a web page with instructions for DIY replacement?.......thanks

Reply to
EBG

Not a web page, but if you like, I will email you some illustrated instructions - if you confirm that the email address at the top is genuine, or supply a different one.

Briefly, the pads are located in the callipers by two pins which have to be drifted out (from the inboard side towards to outboard side) - noting the position of the anti-rattle spring. The pads then have to be moved apart to create some clearance - using a pair of pliers to squeeze the lug of the pad towards the outside edge of the calliper. *Never* lever against the disc (rotor). The pads can then be slid out, and new ones slid in - using a very thin smear of high temperature grease on the edges of the metal part of the pads. The anti-rattle spring and 2 pins then have to be re-fitted to hold it all in place, and the brakes applied a few times to push the new pads into contact with the discs.

The whole job should take less than an hour, including jacking up the back of the car and removing (and subsequently replacing) the roadwheels.

Reply to
Bonnet Lock

"EBG" skrev i meddelandet news:QNydnSu3 snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Get a Haynes manual - do a google search with "ISBN: 1859605737".

Once you have it, you will be forever glad.

Jon

Reply to
Jon

That would be great !

My email indeed is snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Thanks.

Reply to
EBG

Re:

Bad idea, the bots will pick it up quick.

Reply to
Jon

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Reply to
John Robertson

I put a copy of the desired pages on this site a few months back when someone asked the same question. Search back and you should find it.

Reply to
Ken Hutchison