S70 - what's behind the instrument cluster/glovebox

Of all the S70 posters, I've probably have the most problems lately!

I'm trying to prolong the $1000+ expense needed to remove my dashboard to replace/epoxy/whatever the clips that are used to connect the dashboard to the firewall. After a drive last Saturday, I think I have broken another clip. I'm worried now about my dashboard falling into my lap. So, I'm wondering if I can access any of the clips from the inside of the car.

Instead of replacing the clips, or rather spending the $1000+, would it be possible to insert something like a molly bolt through the hole and tighten? Actually, i was thinking of drilling a hole through a stiff piece of rubber, pushing a threaded rod through and have it come out on the firewall side. I'm thinking that the rubber will have more contact area with the dash and will pull it into place better?

So, i don't even know if it's possible to try this. It all depends on whether or not I can easily access the broken clips.