S80 Thermostat

I have a Volvo S80 T6, and it is overheating, I believe the culprit is a faulty thermostat. Does anyone have any experience replacing this part, I traced back the heater hose to what I believe is the thermostat housing, but am not sure, it does not look like others I have replaced. Dpes anyone have a link to some instructions, or can walk me through it.

Thanks!

Reply to
Tom Post

Yes the thermostat is behind the timing belt cover but is your cooling fan working ? this is a common failure with the Volvos as the thermostat does go bad but if I had to guess I would say the cooling fan is @ fault Glenn

Reply to
G Klein