Should I Buy a used V70?

I'm looking at a standard 2002 V70 with about 35K. I like the style, features, safety and size. Will it last?

Reply to
Ed Sullivan

if you take care of it...i also am looking for a v70...or maybe a v70r...get it inspected b4 purchase and take care of it...a volvo will return the favor....usually.....

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

As long as you look after it, it will probaly last longer than you...

Reply to
John Ellison

they are great l@@kin' wagons....are you looking for a r series, or a turbo?..

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Friends of mine have (last time I saw it) 140K Kms on a 2001 new style V70... probably over 160-170K Kms on it now (it's been about 6 months)... and aside from a lot of computer updates (which your used model should have already) they seem to be happy with the car... they want something else now, but they can't find anything they'd rather be driving (I said why not a new Volvo, and they couldn't answer... I think they like trying other brands or something)

Car looks and feels mint when you drive in it - one of the speakers crackles and their is a rattle from a door panel, but that's about it.

(news: snipped-for-privacy@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Probably a turbo. Thanks for all the replies.

Reply to
Ed Sullivan

yea...i am between the turbo or the r series..... they both are pleanty fast...the r being a bit beefed up and "over built"....but, after the $ i do in mods....i may be ahead just dropping the $ up front by purchasing a r series....i will have to see what the mrs. says as well.....its like, $15k vs $20K......or so....

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^