Some Volvo Questions:-

Hi;

  1. What other Volvos does a 1986 740GLT exhaust system fit? I want to sell a new Stainless steel exhaust for this car to as many other Volvos as I can.

  1. I have asked this Q before, but what is the most common oil leak from a 3L 960 (1992), and its not the oil filter. This is a leak that has progressively got worse and seems to be coming from the area above the oil filter.

Regards Ian

Reply to
Ian Pellew

I have such a small and impoverished life that I am actually prepared to look this up and cross reference all the parts from my Bosal exhaust parts book for you.

The '86 740GLT (2.3 litre engine) system will also fit the GL and the GLE from 10/84 til 8/87 in its entirety. It differs from the 2 litre engined car in the rear silencer. From the mid-box back, the system will fit the 760 GLE from 8/82 til 8/86. The short pipe that connects the mid-box to the rear silencer is common to all non-turbo petrol engined 740s and 940s, and the rearmost tailpipe is common to most non-turbo petrol 740s.

Reply to
Stewart Hargrave