The most impressive 740 I have ever seen! 530 bhp?! <video>

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Reply to
Boris Mohar

I prefer SCCA type racing, with close to stock cars. I just mentioned my background in drag racing (my father's thing) because somebody thought I was a Little Old Lady, apparently. Drag racing in the stock classes was interesting, especially with the Volvo Amazon going up against American muscle cars that had to 'spot' it half the length of the track. My dad used to get his opponents into little burnout matches in the staging line, causing their V-8 engines to get too hot, while the B-18 just got happier...

The second car, which saw only one season of racing, was a modified, lightened 544, with a B-18 putting out 250HP, using dual Webbers. It ran in the mid 14's.

Reply to
mj

"My dad used to get his opponents into little burnout matches in the staging line, causing their V-8 engines to get too hot, while the B-18 just got happier..."

thats funny......the volvo was just warming up, ea?

mjc13 wrote:

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Yup. The other guy would have to get the crew in to spray the V-8 with water to cool it down for the run, and the little B-18 would just purr happily. That car made a great WAAAAHH! sound as it came off the line... The Amazon drag car was about as fast in the quarter mile as a stock 350 Corvette from the same era - early '70's.

Reply to
mj