Third seat safety and why won't it lie flat?

I've been looking for clues around here on my newly (self) installed third seat and wondering why I can't get it to lie flat. I need to ask my engineer dh when he gets home since he often spots the obvious that I've been overlooking, so maybe I'm worrying too much in advance. But- it you have any pictures I can see on what it looks like installed, I would be delighted. I have a local friend with one and I'll go look at hers but I really hate to ask her to haul all her stuff out of the back if she doesn't need to do that for me. :-)

In googling for an image, I found none, but I found this article

It doesn'thelp me with the installation but I feel better about using the thirdrow seat for other people's children as well as my own. It appearsthat this topic goes around every year or so on this group so I hopesomeone finds it helpful. Kate, 1991 745 Turbo. Red. :-)

====Kate,

Mom to Ursula (8), Sage (6), Benno (2.5) Raising a child is Beta testing written large, because each person is unique to greater andlesser extents, but with attention and chronic good humor and consistency, aided by preparation and some fiscal wherewithal, things work out, don't they? ~ Dark Cloud

Reply to
Kate

Open up the rear panels that cover the third seat once open you will see 2 sections of metal on the woos remove both pieces of metal & hammer down the rivet heads Glenn

Reply to
G Klein