"cd error" but the changer won't eject the cd cassette....

I posted this to an audio group and got little help. I thought I would try you all since you always come through for me. :-) the one person who responded suggested disconnecting the power and reconnecting, but that didn't help. oh, what to do? it can be very tiresome to drive long distances of little radio once I'm away from my faves of

(listen online!).

-------------------------------------------- I have a Blaupunkt cd changer in my Volvo 740 (added that to make it be "on topic here :-)" that can't read the cd's. I assumed that the cassette that holds the bank of 10 cd's is in wrong but I can't the durned thing to eject either. I've tried holding the little metal tongue out of the way to make it eject them but it won't be budged that way. How can I override the non-eject mechanism to get the cd's out and see what's going on in there? It is possible that there's dirt inside causing this problem? or a problem with the changer itself? I've had it a few years but want to keep it with the car until I can buy a new one- when they eventually get more fuel efficient. :-O

====Kate,

Mom to Ursula (9!), Sage (6.5), Benno (3!!) Power is socharacteristically calm, that calmness in itself has the aspect ofpower. ~Bulwer-Lytton (1803-1873)
:-)

Reply to
Kate

Shouldn't be too difficult to screw the thing open so atleast get the cds out?

Reply to
Stig Hornang