replacing or repairing the antenna mast

I bought a used antenna from a salvage yard the other day. Installed it today in my '91 Volvo 740 wagon. the motor works but the mast appears faulty. Can I tinker with it and fix it? how is it supposed to work? do I have to deal with the mechanics to buy a new mast? I took off the old black tube on my broken one, but don't know what to do to figure it out.... I guess in the meantime I'll unplug the power so I don't burn out the motor.

====Kate,

Mom to Ursula (8), Sage (6), Benno (2.5) Raising a child is Beta testing written large, because each person is unique to greater andlesser extents, but with attention and chronic good humor and consistency, aided by preparation and some fiscal wherewithal, things work out, don't they? ~ Dark Cloud

Reply to
Kate

It's a pretty easy fix.

-

------------------------------------------------------------- Don

'67 122 - 1st car '70 142 - Lemon '72 145 - Gone But Not Forgotten '81 242t - Esther's Turbo (Project Car) Just back from the paint shop.

89' 744ti - Ilsa. Daily Driver
Reply to
Don Hodgdon

Hi Kate

You should find everything you need to know about repairing your antenna at this site

and a lot of other things that may help in the future

Reply to
grtdane

Reply to
David R. Wall

David, There is a site called swedishbricks.com that will help you Steve

Reply to
Steven Douglass