Tracs and ABS dashboard lights

On our 1998 V70 (101373 miles), the tracs and ABS lights are now staying lit when the motor starts. (The car got a routine servicing shortly after 100K miles.)

Does this mean we have lost the ABS braking system? The regular brakes seem to function OK. And, what does the tracs light mean to us as long as we stay out of mud and snow?

TIA, George

Reply to
george

When the TRACS and ABS lights are on, you have no ABS brakes or traction control, but the normal brakes will still function. These cars have a problem with the ABS computer (which is also the TRACS computer) that causes the light to be on intermittently at first, then more and more frequently as the problem gets worse. There's a guy in California that rebuilds them, see

have no experience, no affiliation, with this guy, but I've only everread good things about him.)

Reply to
Mike F