97 850 Leather recoloring

My 97 850 has some wear spots on the tan leather where the color has come off. THE leather iteslf is still sound.

Suggestions?

Chuck Fiedler Nothing but Volvo since 1974

Reply to
Chuck Fiedler

If you can, interchange the two front seats. Then the wear spots won't show. I did this on my 1800E before I sold it. The wear spots faced the center console where they weren't visible. On the 1800 you could remove the upholstered part from the underlying mechanism.

I will never buy leather seats again. These leather seat wear spots are a much bigger problem than anything I have experienced on all my other Volvos.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

I'm not looking to hide the issue, I want to fix it. I only plan to keep this car for another 10-20 years.

Chuck Fiedler Nothing but Volvo since 1974

Reply to
Chuck Fiedler

You might try new seat covers.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

Sympathise. I have similar on leather seats on 97 V70. Leather is basically fine and has been periodically 'fed' but there are crease marks on the drivers seat which make it liik a bit unsightly. All I want to do is find some leather 'restoration' product that is easy to apply and will go some way to bringing the leather back up to the mark.

Have been given these sites as possibles but they look a bit drastic. I have tried the Autoglym leather products which I was told was the 'best there is sir' but was very disappointed. If you hear of any more pls let me know.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Coles

Try this, the product looks very interesting. Advertised in the Jaguar Car Club Magazine I think.

Andy Coles

Although I cannotpersonally vouch for it yet, I have read many good testimonials about leatherique, and plan on using it soon to restore my 89 Bertone seats which suffered the fate of a car in Florida with no window tint.

Wll update everyone as the project progresses.

Or when I actually start the project, that is.

Procrastination is not a major problem, I just haven't got around to it yet.

Reply to
vinran1