2001 ML320 ABS and Brake warning Lights.

Hi everyone.

This morning i have come across one problem. When i stop on the red light, about 20 seconds later, abs (yellow) and brake (red) lights come on and stay on. As soon as i push further or slightly release the pedal they go off and then come on again. As soon as i start moving they shut off. I did not notice any decrease in brake power, seems to be all good when stopping. It is still worries me even thought i have checked for brake fluid leaks etc. Besides, day before i was driving it on the highway for 4 hours straight including stop and go traffic for about 10 miles. So i would assume that if the line would have been damaged i would have known about it on the highway.

Prior to all this driving, 2 days ago we were climing a mountian on it which was very muddy. Nothing extreme but a lot of mud accumulated on the undercarrige of the car. I have cleaned it up today as much as i cood but still visible that car was in mud. All i'd like to know is what is with those light and if anyone had the same problem. And if i bring the car to the dealer, will they give me a problem about warranty and all that mud?

Thank you

Reply to
Alexey Semenov

You probably got some grounding problem... due to the mud... I suggest you powerwash your undercarraige first... Then check every ground you can find down there.

Reply to
Tiger

This can be caused by a faulty brake light switch, which is located on the brake pedal mechanism under the dash. It's a plunger-style contact switch that can get dirty and begin to intermittently fail. If that's not the problem, then it could be that some of the mud got into a wheel sensor. Either way, both repairs should be covered under warranty. After all, the ML is advertised as an off-road vehicle.

Reply to
Rodney T. Grill