Transmission howling in S70 T5

I have a 98 S70 with 50k miles. Lately on colder mornings the tranny howls quite loudly for a few minutes until it warms up. Would anyone comment on the prognosis? Will it just get worse and worse before it destroys itself, or is it maybe common and not much to worry about? I shudder to think about replacing the tranny or the S70.

Reply to
Ted Scherbel

Are you sure it's not the air pump (under the battery tray)?

Reply to
Mike F

Not a volvo expert by any means.

Sound changes always a great > >

Reply to
squirrely

Ted Scherbel wrote in news:Xns943FCB3D55E54scherbe6666@206.66.12.208:

My local dealer's service guy said it's not uncommon and has to do with the torque converter. He said it was nothing to worry about. We'll see....

Reply to
Ted Scherbel

If I were you I'd get a second opinion. My 854T5 from '95 has a torque converter too and makes no noise at all. And that with an original autotrans at 255.000 km.

Kirth

Reply to
Kirth Gersen