Turn Signal Light on 1993 940

Hi,

My car was just hit today in the parking lot of my school...a girl backed a big SUV right into the front passenger corner...her rear bumper has a huge dent but the only blemish on my 940 was that the turn signal light casing on the front passenger side is smashed.

Since her insurance (or her, if it's cheap enough) is paying for all this, I was going to simply take it to my local Pep Boys store and have them replace this casing (as far as I know, the bulb is still ok). Does anyone know if this part is easy to get or any idea what it would cost to replace it?

I really hate having my car look like crap...so I'd kinda like to get it replaced as soon as possible, but if it's a rare part I don't know...

Reply to
Robert

Take a look at

and see if what you want is there. They're excellent to deal with, and the prices are very good. If it's just the turn signal light lens you need, that'd probably run about $30.

Reply to
mdrawson

The lens and housing are a one piece unit. Volvo list is about $130.00 but they are available elsewhere for less.

Bob

Reply to
User

If you're not at fault, get a genuine Volvo lamp. The aftermarket units are crap. The aftermarket units fade quicker, don't fit as well, and are poorly constructed. The $30 specials at lampsandlenses.com are not going to be the original Bosch units.

Reply to
Alex Zepeda

Reply to
mdrawson

Well...I found an OEM Bosch unit on

for only $57.95, but it was either 4-6 weeks for free shipping or $125 for overnight - no middle option. I don't want to wait that long with the car looking like crap, so I decided to explore other options.

I called around to my local parts stores (Bel Air, MD) and no one carried the part and no one could order even an aftermarket replacement...so much for all of that.

So my only option left is the dealer...I called the dealer where I bought the car from (new) and they told me they did have it in stock but it would be $160. Well, I'm not the one that will be paying for it, so I couldn't care less. Either way, at least they won't be charging me labor: I can replace it myself; it's only one little clip holding the casing in.

So that's that...my recommendation is, if it's your fault, wait 4-6 weeks and order it from vlvworld.com, but if it's not your fault go to the dealer.

Reply to
Robert