V40 woofer

Hi,

I have just acquired a passive woofer (badged Volvo/Philips) but removed from a 1990 V40 to gfit into my 1998 V40 to improve the bass.

2 red and 2 black wires feed the woofer (I assume this is dual coil). The read apeakers are dual cone and therefore do not have a crossover so do I just fix one pair of wires from the woofer to one rear speaker and one pair to another or do I need a crossover/ filter? if so which one?

Thanks

Mark

Reply to
Mark