V70 seat/mirrorcontrol virus

We have a 2002 V70 with a keyless entry and automatic drivers side seat. According to the operator's manual, when the seat and outside mirror is set for a particular driver and that driver exits the vehicle locking the door with the keyless remote, the settings of the seat and the mirror are retained such that when that remote is used to unlock the vehicle the settings for that driver are used to adjust the seat and mirror if another driver with a different setting has used the vehicle immediately before. The computer on our vehicle seem to be infected with a virus or perhaps possessed in some way. Sometimes the settings are restored as they should be, other times the seat moves, but the mirror does not, sometimes neither moves, sometimes the mirror moves but the seat does not. If appears completely random. Is the car trying to drive us nuts?

Has anyone else experienced this anomaly?

Reply to
Njord

One thing my dad has found that helps on his '01 is that you have to lock the car with the same remote that you've unlocked it with.

Reply to
Mike F

I always save my settings. For example with my remote I always save as #1 and with my wife and her remote she saves the settings as #2. When I use my remote it restores the #1 settings. When she uses her remote it restores to the #2 settings. It always works.

Reply to
Stephen M. Henning

Thanks for your reply. Yes, we are aware of that.

Reply to
Njord

Thanks for your reply. Glad yours always works, ours does not. We save #1 and #2 as you do, but if I lock the car with my settings and my remote, and she then uses the car and locks it with hers (with her settings in place) and then I come along and unlock with mine, sometimes my settings get set, sometimes funny things happen as I described in my original post. It's the seemingly random results that is driving us up a wall. Another little fact. If my settings are partially or totally not restored, I can get them by pushing the seat button. For example, let's say when I open with my remote, the seat adjusts but the mirror does not. I can get the mirror to assume my adjustment by pressing the #1 seat button.

Reply to
Njord