v70xc 98 driver door locking/undo

yesterday my drivers door lock on my 98 v70 xc awd, about 89,500 miles us stopped working fully.

with the remote to unlock, the drivers door button whimpers or moves slightly. if you press the remote again, all the other doors unlock. with the remote, the driver's door and the others all lock.

with the key, thankfully the drivers door and the others all unlock/lock properly.

is this a fuse or a new door lock mechanism? how much cost $US?

is this a DIY task?

klh in VA

Reply to
v70xcREMOVE

There is a small plastic lever inside the lock mechanism that's broken. This requires replacement of the lock assembly, which is fairly easy. Or if you're a real animal, try to fix it.

Mike F