voltmeter hooked up to fuse #6 - always on...

Ok, got my voltmeter wired up finally - went to fuse #6 because I thought that one was on with the ignition only, and it had a free male connector. The meter stays on even when the car is off, however. Anybody know what fuse I can use that IS only on when the ignition is, or if its horrible that the voltmeter is always on.... I installed a five bar oil pressure gauge as well, and it is maxed out. Any ideas? The flame trap is fine - I know the maximum oil pressure is 6 bar, but should it be above five bar while idleing? It goes up when I give it some gas, so it seems to be working, but.....

Oh, I just installed new rings, main and conrod bearings, and have only driven about 4 miles, but that shouldn't affect oil pressure should it?.... hmmmmm....

thanks in advance for an ideas/ solutions!

loren

Reply to
lolo

lolo