Volvo 340 dying on me!

If you are keeping the car I would always go for a dealer exhaust, its worth well worth the money. quik fit ones don't last very long and usually don't fit properly.

Exhausts can be well sealed and look solid enough, but actually be quite weak after a knock. You often find if one of the rear boxes rust through or crack, and the parts have to come off for replacement, often the part that is staying on will break aswell also requiring replacement, however I seem to remember that the 1.7 has a easy to seperate joint compared with the 1.4 and 2.0L engines.

-- Tony Stanley ++Always Learning++

Reply to
Tony Stanley

I have experience with this: an opel kadett quickfit lasts one to max. two years.

Pieter

Reply to
Pieter Hoeben

It is true that exhausts are a normal thing to go.

Maybe you did need it, I remember you had problems driving up-hill.

Feel welcome, but I (others probably too) do not look into this newsgroup every day, so when you place a message, send a email copy to snipped-for-privacy@hoeben.com so I know it.

About the 1.4 Volvo 340 we had: it was from 1982, ran over 200.000 km, we only got rid of it in 2001 because we found a good, nice and cheap Volvo 440 from 1995. So the car "lived" 19 years, without problems.

Regards,

Pieter

Reply to
Pieter Hoeben