Volvo 440, sliding heater buttons-yuk!!

Hi there. I'm now on my third Volvo 440 (so I guess I like them), however does anybody know if anything can be done about the white (well a sort of creamy white) sliding heater control buttons. On all the 440`s I have owned & others I have seen, they have looked unsightly with the plastic being dry, crumbly & discoloured. Are there any replacement buttons that can be bought or is there any way of improving there appearance? (possibly paint), as at the moment they spoil the look of a dashboard in good condition!:-(

Cheers, Stephen

Reply to
laserman

Think mine had black sliders - the whole dash on mine was black. It was a

1993 440 Xi... Best bet is to try some of the scrap yards - shouldn't be too hard to replace it, and chances are there'll be plenty available from written off 440's.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Seeley