Volvo 440 se ctx/cvt gearbox fluid check

Hi, I have recently purchased a Volvo 440 se with a ctx/cvt automatic gearbox, and I was wondering how the fluid level should be checked. There is no mention of the gearbox in the owners manual or the Haynes manual. Is the procedure the same as a normal automatic gearbox, as the level is below the minimum level, with the engine idling, or switched off, the car had been driven a couple of miles first. What type of ATF does it use?, can Dexron III grade fluid be used?. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Shane

Reply to
shane

I have one of these. You need to drive the car until the geabox oil is warm. Park it and move it through LDNRP leaving it in each position for a short while then check the oil with the engine still running. A Volvo dealer can sell you the oil you need. It costs about £10 a litre.

Reply to
AndrewSReid