Volvo 740 water on floor!

I have a 1989 Volvo 740 with sunroof.

In the last year or so I noticed that if the car is out in a long rain, a pool of water starts to form on the floor of the left-rear (driver-side back seat). It can get to 1/2" of water or so!

Anyone know what might cause this? Is there some drainage thing from the sunroof that's not diverting properly?

Reply to
Mark Bratcher

I have a 92 740 with a sunroof. Though there has never been any water in the back seat, there have been times water will pour out of the roof onto the driver's head. There is a seal around the inside of the sunroof that sometimes gets pulled up and unseated. When this happens, and I drive through a carwash, then I get a bath a bit later as I drive away from the wash. So water does get into that roof if the seal is up. Maybe its a door seal around the back window.

Mark Bratcher wrote:

Reply to
docsavage