help, water is soaking my floor

Hi,

I have an 02 accord SE sedan that I have owned since January. We had rain last weekend, and I noticed the driver side, rear passenger floor was soaked. I shop vac'd it and thought maybe my door had not been shut tightly enough. Well, more rain this weekend with the same result. I do have a power sunroof. There doesn't seem to be any water anywhere else except under the driver's seat and to the rear of that.

I have googled TSBs, and there seems to be one for a water leak, but I cannot find all of the information on the TSB.

Does anybody have any info that could help me?

Thanks,

Perry

Reply to
PB

I had the same problem in my 97 Civic, but just on the drivers side. When I did some looking, there was a rubber body plug that was missing. The water ran down the body panel and into the car. I sealed the hole and now is all dry.

Mike

Reply to
MinnesotaMike

-------------------------------

Have you cleaned out the drain tubes for the sunroof? On some models there's a 'Y' where debris collects, about the level of the steering wheel. Try google for tips on how to clean it. I'd try water to see if it's plugged, then low-pressure air if it's plugged. Try it backwards too, or use suction. If you're not the original owner, pray somebody hasn't wrecked something inside there.

'Curly'

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

I have an 01 accord ex and noticed after a big rain that my rear drivers side was soaked also.That was a year 15 months ago and havent really noticed it again.Maybe a fluke as to how the wind was blowing and where the car was parked. I chalked it up to that anyway.

Reply to
slider

Had this problem myself. There are drain hoses inside the front wheel wells, but you have to remove the rear plastic cover near the doors to get at them to unblock them. These get full of dirt and block up. For some reason they're designed to let water out, but also trap dirt. To fix snip a part of the hose so it becomes free draining. The rear ones are inside the trunk/boot of the car and the plastic trim inside there has to be removed . A pain but easy enough. That has the same type hoses. Just snip a small amount off them to clear them. The sunroof has four hoses draining the internal gutters at each corner of the glass. It seems most models are like this.

Reply to
Jacko