SC2 mysterious water leak

My '02 SC2 has presented me with another little challenge. Last month, I assumed that it was using a high-pressure car wash that caused a small puddle of water to appear on the passenger rug just under the front speaker. So I went back to hand washing. I also had my sunroof channels and drain checked and cleaned. I tested with a water hose and found no leaks afterwards.

I was at the store last night and a severe rainstorm appeared while I was inside the store, lasted about an hour. When I got back into the car, same mysterious puddle on the passenger rug underneath the front speaker again. No other wet spots anywhere but there.

The only thing I can think of is perhaps the door seals are leaking somewhere? Anyone have a clue? TIA.

Reply to
marx404

Saturn leaks can be tuff. Becasue of the plastic boy over a metal subframe there is gaps for water to get im. I had a strange leak in the trunk of a SC2 that could only be fixed by removing fender and sealing a hole under it that was not properly sealed.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

I think you heard this before, have someone spray your car while you lay up under there. I would focus spraying between the hood and windshield.

Reply to
BläBlä

Reply to
HyperCube33 (Life2Death)

My tech says that he believes after testing that the leak is on the inner door seal (on the body, not door) and the water is trickling around and downt ot the floor. They are replacing the seal and will test it again.

Reply to
marx404

I do not have a picture but there is a seem under the outer fender where the plastic fender overlaps a stiffner/ridge in sub body that together they form a barrier to keep water out of the truck because the Saturns design lets water flow behind rear fender unlike a normal car. This barrier seal is about on the top side center on wheel well and there is a dimple/gap in this seam on body because of curve that creates a path for water to get through if it is not properly sealed. I can tell you that went fender is removed you will be able to figure it out. On my SC2 it would regulalrly fill up the rear rear inner truck recess behind tire with water after a heavy rain. I used to keep a towel in there and change it after every rain storm and it was a real PITA until leak was fixed. Again sorry that I do not have a picture. The Saturns construction with plastic body and plastic wheel well tubs relies the out fender panels in rear to be properly seal to keep water out of truck because the in no solid metal barrier or tub betweeon outside world and trunk in a Saturn like there is in most other cars.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan