Volvo brand spark plugs for '91 740

About a month ago I changed plugs and installed Volvo brand on my '91 740 wagon. I never did like them on my 240 and always used a non-platinum plain Bosch spark plug that always did well. Do others have problems with the Volvo plugs? Aren't they make by NGK? What are the best for this vehicle in your opinion? thanks, JB

Reply to
James B.

I've long used plain NGK plugs, ran Bosch Platinums once when they first came out and was not impressed, worked fine for a while but then started idling poorly, found that the center electrode had worn way up inside the ceramic.

Reply to
James Sweet

Although I'm sure some will disagree, I've always felt it was best to buy 'em cheap and change 'em often, rather than buying expensive plugs and hoping they will last 50K miles or so... I prefer Champion, they seem to thread in easier than AC plugs, but that's just a feeling, no science. I clean them and check the gap around 5 or 6K miles, change them around 10-15K miles, depending on the weather! (no sense working in the cold if you don't have to!)...

Reply to
Perry Noid

Reply to
John Robertson