Volvo Relays

Mine is s 1991 740 wagon. Several days ago I had a no-start but it started up fine later that day. I suspected the fuel pump relay. I checked the temperatures of several of the relays. The K relay (central locking?) was very hot to the touch, the J relay (window?) is quite hot (but not as hot as K) and the fuel pump relay is quite warm. In Brickboard I have seen two views; "Volvo relays are always hot", the other being "A hot relay is a bad relay".

Does anone have any views on this? The other relays in the group are only slightly warm or at ambient temperature.

Thanks,

John

Reply to
<jwjensen356