Volvo repair manuals

I'm looking for a good and detailed repair manual for my 1989 Volvo Turbo 760. Although pretty much any and every device available for sale these days comes with a digital manual, usually in Adobe Reader format (PDF) provided online by the manufacturer, Volvo manuals seem to be conspicuously lacking.

Or am I wrong and just haven't found the right link on the Web yet where all those Volvo manuals hide? Alternatively a printed manual would be o.k., if you can recommend one.

Thanks for your help. Wolfgang, CA

P.S.: My above question came up since I have to deal with a repair issue posted earlier on this list here:

rnott

On the contrary, while you can usually find operation manuals online, it's getting harder and harder to find *service* information for anything these days. Electronics used to come with schematics but it's been a long time since I've seen that on a consumer level. I'm not aware of any car makers that supply free service literature but correct me if I'm wrong.

You can buy the green Volvo shop manuals, not sure if one for a car that old is still in print but they turn up on ebay occasionally. You could also get a Haynes manual, they work ok for most things.

Reply to
James Sweet

You can order the information you require here Glenn K Volvo Certified Technician ASE Certified Technician

Reply to
Glenn Klein

Looking at that other post now, if you look at the bottom of the panel, I believe it screws into the pocket and you can pop it out, the manual seat cars just have an empty storage pocket there.

Reply to
James Sweet

schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@g37g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

Look into Ebay to buy a VADIS DVD, which covers a lot of Volvos. Haynes manuals, as already suggested, also useful. Regards Viktor

Reply to
viktor weisshaeupl

I popped the switchbox out alright, but then it's connected to the seat as shown in the photographs of the other post. So, back to square one, how to take the seats out, for which having a manual to consult would be helpful.

Wolfgang

Reply to
rnott

That's easy, there's four bolts, one at each corner. In the front you have to remove a screw to take part of the cover trim off, in the rear the bolt covers just clip on. You remove all four bolts, then there's a pair of notched pins, as I recall the seat needs to slide forward about 3/4" and then it just lifts out. There's some electrical connectors as well but they just unplug.

Reply to
James Sweet