volvo s80 warning message help?

getting a warning mesage on my 99 s80: "position light bulb failure" I've looked and looked but do not know where the position light is to replace it... any thoughts? cheers..

Reply to
bobdog

It's the tail light. Access is through a panel in the side of the trunk. On mine, these seem to fail then fix themselves several times as the broken filament swings about, catches and welds itself whole again for a short while.

Rich

Reply to
Richard Crewe

thanks. weird.. all tail lights seem to be functioning, but will check again.

Reply to
bobdog

On my '01 S80 there is a small amber light on the fender in front of the front doors. These also trigger the bulb failure message on my car.

Allen

Reply to
Allen