What things do the ignition switch control?

1987 740 GLE B230F

Is there a definitive list of everything the electronic portion of the ignition switch covers?

Mine is defective - as the a/c, radio and speedometer work only sometimes. I ordered a used one on eBay which corrected the a/c, radio and speedometer - but was defective for the fuel pump -- wouldn't start without an ether injection.

So I put the old one BACK in until I can get a new one next week.

I just want to be sure that this faulty ignition switch isn't controlling anything to do with timing - as you might have read in all of my other posts about timing belts and loss of power in my car.

Thanks.

Reply to
Jamie

Uzytkownik "Jamie" napisal w wiadomosci news: snipped-for-privacy@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

I've got the same problem. May be You're right. Somone now somthing about it??

Reply to
sq1euo