Where is the switch for the Seat Heater?

I have a 1991 240DL station wagon, and the seat heater comes on at inappropriate times, like when it's 90 degrees outside. I can't find a button or control knob to turn it off.

Not only is it uncomfortable, but I'm going thorugh 16 amp fuses pretty fast - it keeps blowing the fuse. Normally, that would be a good solution (I think) except that when the seat heater fuse is blown, my car windows won't work.

Reply to
VolvoOwner

Isn't there a pair of switches in the parking brake cover? Pre-86 the seat heater was thermostatic only with no switch but the newer 240s I've seen have both seats heated with switches in the console.

If yours is turning on when it's 90 outside and blowing fuses, the heater itself is probably shorted past the thermostat in the bottom cushion. It isn't too terribly hard to take the seat apart to work on it but there's a few tricks I've found.

Reply to
James Sweet

I have a 1992 240 wagon, and the seat heater switches are just behind the parking brake lever on the center console, between the front seats.

HTH

-pk

Reply to
Patrick Keenan

check the two relays under the seat...may be bad....

VolvoOwner wrote:

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

I simply unplugged mine, but I second this.. The 86'-> in Europe have switches, while the older ones are "auto".

However, I just unplugged the harness from the seat..

James Sweet wrote:

Reply to
Olav Alexander Mjelde