XC90 - premature rear wheel bearings, noise?

Have 12,500 miles on a 2005 XC90 V8. Lately notice a light howling, whining, at 40-50 MPH coming from rear of vehicle, possible just the right
rear.
Can probably discount this to tire wear, noisy tread, etc., however I have heard that the French-made rear wheel bearings on the XC90 are known to wear prematurely (read that on one of the Volvo chat sites not too long ago).
Anyone else experience this?
Thanks,
Mike
Mike Mayer wrote:

Yes there is a problem with the rear wheel hub bearings return to the dealer & have complaint corrected Glenn
--
"*-344-*Never Forgotten"
Is for the New York City Firemen who lost their lives on September 11,2001.