06 jetta pics released....

what comments do those that have seen the pictures and read the story about what's new on the 06 jetta? you can go to :

for a look.

regards

Reply to
euro930

Also here:

Matt B.

it's so.... big. WTF?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Ah but if the Golf and Jetta are getting bigger, maybe it's all the more reason to VW to plug the lower end gap with Polo hatches and sedans :-)

Reply to
Matt B.

WOW! I could drive one of those... And they're bringing back a 5 banger? Now if they'll just make it in a wagon with AWD - I might, just might, give up my beloved Syncro wagon... Greg

86 QSW
Reply to
Greg Smith

I'm beginning to really like it... Looks like the new Audi A4 from the back, and a GTI up front... Two great looking cars IMO.

Plus there is a useable back seat (going for coffees with 4 big guys in a little Golf isn't the best idea - and my buddies Jetta has even less room - roof is lower)

Reply to
Rob Guenther

My dealer claims that VW wanted to return some performance to the Golf and Jetta lines with the 2.0T motor but that they're also still trying to move up-market. According to him, VW is saying that they want the Golf to compete with the 1-Series, the Jetta to compete with the 3-series and the upcoming B6 Passat to compete with the 5-series. CAR ran an article comparing the MKV Golf to the 1-Series a few months ago. They seemed to like the overall ride of the Golf better and complimented it's larger rear seats, but still preferred the BMW's driving dynamics. I'm curious as to wether an MKV A3 would have fared any better? I'm not sure if the A3's suspension is any different than the Golf's but the MKV's have very good balance for FWD cars and a better suspension may close the gap. Otherwise, I'm not seeing VW really stealing any BMW buyers. I'd like to see the Polo and Lupo come to the states, but admitedlly, I have very little interest in buying one (other than maybe a Lupo GTi) and I think most U.S. consumers feel the same way. I think a 1-series may be my next vehicle if a larger engine or (especially) an "M" model become avaliable. Either that or an MKV S3 but that's a ways off and I'm going to have to reserve judgement till' I know more about it. Steve Grauman

Reply to
Steve Grauman

Surprise, surprise, it looks like an MKV Golf 4-door with a trunk instead of a hatch. Steve Grauman

Reply to
Steve Grauman

Don't rule out the Passat. A new Passat is also supposed to debut for '06 and it's dead sexy (if spy photos and computer-generated photos are anything to go by).

Reply to
Matt B.

I'm not sure we'll see the 5-cylinder in North America. Steve Grauman

Reply to
Steve Grauman

i can tell you i have seen the new passat, and you will absolutely, positively love it...not like it....love it! you heard it here first.

regards the 5 cylinder will be in the jetta north american edition without doubt.

Reply to
euro930

I was told by a salesman at the VW dealer to except the 2.5L 5 cylinder and the current pumpe-duse TDI to be offered initially - that is what he was told would be offered when the new cars come.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

I've heard the same re: the 5 cylinder. I believe it's actually designed with the NA market in mind as its primary market. We will be getting it as the base engine.

And for the pics posted on vwvortex.com which are of a NA model, it has a

2.5 badge on the back, so it is the 5-cylinder.
Reply to
Matt B.

Yep... and if you buy one you can go around telling people that's its half the Lamborghini Gallardo engine under the hood ;-)... I'm sure more then one person could possibly be impressed.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Of note is that the V6 isn't available anymore, so you actually drop 30-40HP and a large amount of torque. Looks like V6 with stick models will be the used car to get.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Well it was really a VR6. And the new 2.0Y will have more hospower, more torque and get better gas mileage than the 2.8 VR6. Sweet as it was, I'm not crying over it's loss. Steve Grauman

Reply to
Steve Grauman

But V6s are already dropped anyway from the '04 Jettas. The GLX is no longer available and the GLI switched to a 1.8T and the VR6 was no longer an option on the GLS for some time now.

Reply to
Matt B.

Bleah. Looks like a Toyota or a Saturn. The new GTI is cool though. When's the NA Polo coming out again?

...Sean.

Reply to
CheetoDust

yeah no kidding. That things been rumored forever now but I haven't heard anything new in the past year or so about it. perhaps with the jetta getting a little bigger and going upmarket that it'll be '06 for a Polo too.

Reply to
Matt B.