16v distributor

I suspect that my hall sender is on the outs. I have found a distributor parts kit that includes the hall sender for significantly less than a new distributor. Is it feasible to take the distributor apart and put in a new hall sender? Or should I just slap a new one in and be done with it? Thanks, Kurt

'82 Scirocco 16v motronic

Reply to
Kurtis Daniels

Hi, Where did you find this kit? Does it include the seals stopping the common oil leaks through the shaft? I usually have to install new ones since kits are difficult to find for the

16Vs or the digifant IIs. Doing the new one makes it really quick! ;-) thanks! later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris
Reply to
dave

Dave, I found the kit on thepartsbin.com. I doesn't include seals of anything. But as far as I can tell, mine isn't leaking oil. I haven't found a substantial amount of oil in the cap or anything like that. Kurt

Reply to
Kurtis Daniels

thanks Kurt, I also saw their rebuilt dist. ($185) for only $78 more than the Hall unit/1

237 010 027 ($107) and it looks like it comes complete with cap and rotor. They do charge a $50 core on it though! I am still looking for seals too! later, dave
Reply to
Dave