intermittent power

I was driving to work this morning, it was dark, and snowing. The roads were all slushy, when all of a sudden, my car loses power ( 16v motronic engine). It was still idling, just very badly like it was missing a cylinder or 2 . If I stepped on the gas, it just bogged down. I couldn't really get it to rev over 1500 unless I really tried hard. I opened the hood, and couldn't really see much because it was dark. However, I did notice that the spark plug wires seemed to be glowing. I didn't look like they were arcing or anything though. So I just sat in the car with it running shitty for about

15 min, then all of a sudden, everything was ok. So I started home to get the wifes car, and the same thing happened again. So I sat there for 15 min or so, and everything was fine. I made it home after that without incident. I put a new distributor and cap and rotor and plug wires on the car two weeks ago. I kinda confused on this one. I'm thinking, either something got wet, and if I sat there long enough, it dried out, or my grounding needs to be looked at, or maybe my motronic brain is just about to die....I have to idea. I'm going out to the garage to check the grounding, and connections and stuff like that. Any help would be great. Thanks, Kurt 82 16v scirocco
Reply to
Kurtis Daniels